Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Camouflage

You can't expect to just stroll about the countryside and get up close and personal with birds. They are very shy. That's why it's important to adapt a discrete appearance and blend into the natural environment.
I have been lucky enough to have had some military training, as well as been quite keen on paramilitary activities, and i have been able to utilise these skills in my birdwatching activities.
Here is my typical 'multi purpose' get up:

If I'm just off for a walk on the heath or in the woods with nothing particular in mind I'll probably wear this discrete rig, and then if I happen to see an interesting bird I can just grab my camera and spring into action!
For other situations, when i have planned an expedition to photograph a particular bird, I might wear something like this:




No comments:

Post a Comment